We are so excited that you are interested in joining the OAC family and becoming an Aggie, it promises to be one of the best experiences of your life! In case you are still on the fence about what school to choose we created a list of some of the reasons to choose the OAC below:
- OAC is one of the top agri-food colleges in the world and the University of Guelph has been consistently ranked by Maclean’s magazine for the last five years as one of Canada’s best comprehensive universities.
- OAC faculty are internationally renowned for their outstanding life sciences’ research and teaching particularly in the fields of biotechnology, international and community development, the environment, food safety and animal welfare. Many of our faculty have won top Canadian teaching awards.
- OAC research funding totals more than $50 million per year.
- OAC graduates are in demand by industry, commerce and government.
- OAC offers a variety of experiential learning opportunities for students including co-op and study abroad programs.
- OAC has $1 million per year available for student scholarships and awards.
- OAC offers a strong network of regional campuses and research stations that provides students with broad choice of educational opportunities.
- OAC has an exclusive, long-term contract with the Ontario government, Ministry of Agriculture and Food to provide research in agriculture, food, rural communities and the environment.